Monday, July 27, 2009

Here we go.

Ok, so trying to have a baby makes for a bit of stress and obsession. I am trying to be more relaxed and not think about it ALL the time, but it is there. You do obsess about it when you live by your calendar. . .

AND: My body has suffered through my obsession. Between the legislative session and the slight bit of comfort eating that I have done through the baby-making process, I have gained a bit of weight.

So, I joined Weight Watchers (WW) last week. And, I am going to begin knitting like crazy. The knitting is just downright fun, and the WW helps to give me something else to obsess about. My first weigh-in will be Wednesday, and I am praying that my body didn't try to go into starvation mode this first week and hold onto every ounce. . I would like to even just lose maybe half a pound to prove that I'm headed in the right direction.

Weight Watchers makes you end up eating a TON more produce than you normally do - and for that reason, summertime is a really great time to start a structured eating plan. I am really looking forward to going to the farmer's market this coming Saturday - but for that reason, I need to eat everything in our refrigerator this week. I am up to this challenge. :) (I mean, Mr. Weller will help me, but he isn't someone who can eat just vegetables as dinner - or eat a tiny portion of chicken and a whole plate of veggies.)

Updates on this course of action to follow!

No comments: