I calculated the WW momentum points without a bun - You're looking at 4-5 points per serving. So go ahead and eat that pickle, bun, and side salad.
Almost Meatless Sloppy Joes - adapted from Cooking Light. Makes six servings.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup grated carrot (I used bagged, matchstick carrots, because, heck - no one was watching.)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can low-sodium red beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, begin browning ground sirloin. After a couple of minutes, add onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, to pan; cook 5 minutes or until meat is browned and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally to crumble beef.
- Add carrot, chili powder, sugar, oregano, and red pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes or until thickened and carrot is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Partially mash 1 cup beans with a fork or potato masher (OR wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, and mash up the beans in your hands, taking out any aggression that may have built up today). Add mashed beans and remaining whole beans to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
|After a delicious bite!!|