Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Some Light Reading

I loved to read as a child. I couldn't get enough. I read almost anything I could get my hands on, and certainly enjoyed age appropriate literature. . .um, until I discovered VC Andrews. For those two years, my brain slowly imploded. . and then I came out of it. I loved then, and I love now, books containing information like helpful household hints and off label uses for everyday household items. . I imagine I was the only child on the block reading "Helpful Hints from Heloise" (find it here: http://tiny.cc/toWuM ) after discovering it in our local library. . but who doesn't want to know that you can dump a can of coke in the toilet and it will clean overnight?

I set down my knitting in the move to our new house so I am now trying to furiously pick up where I left off. I finished baby blanket A for twin A over the weekend and began baby blanket B, but that is in progress. . And another friend of mine and his wife had a perfectly tiny and pink baby girl yesterday afternoon. I got home and searched through my yarn stash and pulled out the pink and green cool wool and started a hat, hoping to be finished when I visited them around 8:30 pm yesterday, but alas, I failed to build in driving time and dinnertime, so I visited them with a Ziploc, five sticks and some string, instead. I stayed up and finished it when I got home, and it is cute - wish it had been more pink - but it was a great use of leftover yarn! So welcome to the world, little Elizabeth Jean and here is your hat. . that's all you get for your troubles.

No comments: