Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Things I have done

The hat just went for a ride to Elizabeth Jean. Hope she likes it.

Allison Dickson gave me a gift certificate to Bookpeople for my birthday. There were two books I wanted to buy, but Bookpeople only had one of them in stock, and now that they say I can come get it, I realize that I really just want the other one. It is "The Opinionated Knitter" by Elizabeth Zimmermann. . but I just posted on her fan blog to see if I should be purchasing a different book of hers, first.

and I just dropped eyeshadow into my keyboard.

From the reviews I have read, it sounds like I should be purchasing "The Knitting Workshop" first. .. . pardon me while I call Bookpeople. . . and it is not available. I will be ordering it on Amazon, which I hate to do. . If you don't know, Elizabeth Zimmermann is super-famous in the knitting world and has some really amazing ideas. I understand that I will grow as a knitter by reading her books, so get ready for my growth.

I want to post some photos of items I have knitted on here, but I also want to just discuss things I have done in the past few years that I am proud of. .

Like the four gallons of grape jelly last summer. It was a bumper crop on the fence there at Lions Municipal, so I picked around 21 pounds of mustang grapes. Did you know that many people are susceptible to a fair amount of itching when exposed to mustang grape juice? I, for one, felt like I might crawl out of my skin, but the itching went away by the next morning. I still have a fair amount of jelly - - I mean, how much can one household eat when it is just two of you?


The squid hat is another favorite. I found the pattern and began knitting one for an expecting friend of mine. The pattern was terribly written. I knit the first one as written, and gave that one away. Another friend asked me to make one for her infant son and so I began, but with multiple modifications. The first one was cute, but the second one was way cuter.




No comments: